Going beyond the classroom –
A unique Master program for professionals.
Designed to be integrative and complementary, the Customized Master in Management and Entrepreneurship Program, allows participants from cooperating firms to study in parallel to their current employment. Our one-year part-time program offers tailor-made professional development for high-potential employees, who wish to maximize their impact within a business by pursuing a Master degree. Constructed to enable graduates in tackling fundamental as well as atypical issues in rapidly changing business environments, participants approach important topics surrounding management and central business functions, technology, and entrepreneurship.
- Selective: Combine the best of WHU’s Master Programs with one part-time, customized degree.
- Flexible: Study in parallel to existing employment.
- Varied: Class locations in Vallendar and Berlin, with mandatory participation in a module abroad.
- Practical: Focus on relevant content to progress professional needs and goals.
- International: Understand business opportunities and management challenges in an international context.
- Connective: Develop professional relationships: WHU students benefit from a rich and diverse alumni network.
Supporting the workforce –
A flexible approach to career progression.
During the Customized Master in Management and Entrepreneurship Program, students will have the opportunity to develop key leadership, strategic, and entrepreneurial skills whilst benefiting from tailor-made financing designed individually with their sponsor company. Throughout the course, they will gain hands-on, practical knowledge of specific tools and abilities applicable to their respective fields and engage with crucial themes such as entrepreneurial selling and digital technology strategy.
Check out our latest class profile:
With the one-year part-time customized program, students participate in an intensive learning process where they are able to rapidly apply new knowledge to current business situations.
Students complete the first month as a preparatory self-study module, introducing important concepts in statistical methods to solve business problems. Consisting of videos, lectures, and assignments, the module teaches statistics from the management perspective, and is entirely independent of where the student sets time and location.
The mandatory core modules provide a strong foundation in management and central business functions, while pinpointing topics surrounding technology and entrepreneurship:
- Quantitative Methods - an introduction to statistical methods to solve business problems.
- Advanced Financial Accounting – accounting theory, financial and information economics, and agency theory.
- Advanced Controlling – insights into specific control systems, tools and contemporary management accounting practices.
- Operations in E-Commence – step-by-step in engaging team strategy deployment in start-ups and enterprises.
- Developing an Entrepreneurial Mindset – approaching idea generation, opportunity recognition, business plans, and overcoming resistance.
- Entrepreneurial Selling – targeting consumer vs small business vs big enterprise: defining and communicating the value proposition and sales techniques.
- Digital Technology Strategy – case studies and workshops connecting digital insights to professional context.
- Entrepreneurial Finance – examining new venture financing options and risk management tools.
In addition to an extensive curriculum, students participate in an additional module abroad. The international component takes place over one week. Based in Tel Aviv, Israel, the module focusses purely on cultural immersion to broaden perspectives, with the option to capitalize on networking opportunities with local top management.
The Master thesis is designed to demonstrate that CMiME students, while working on their own, are able to comprehend complex problems in the field of business and economics using a combination of both conventional and new methodological and theoretical techniques within their field of study. During a specified period, the completed final thesis should fulfill general academic requirements and be of a suitably high standard. The time allowed for writing the final thesis is three months.
This time begins once lectures for modules 1-8 are complete.
Master your career potential – get in touch!
- Selection process of WHU in cooperation with companies
- One interview with company
- One interview with WHU
- Presentation to WHU representatives
- Test required for analytical skills if not yet verified
- Bachelor degree in business (or in related fields)
- Minimum of 1 year working experience
- International experience of at least 3 months
- Language skills in English certified by standardized test or equivalent verification
- Analytic skills (GMAT/GRE/TM-BASE or equivalent verifications)
- Candidate is working for a cooperating company
*Conditions of Study
Participants: agree to invest three weeks of their annual vacation in the program
Companies: agree to support the final Master thesis as a company project / to release participants from daily work for at least three weeks during the program according to the course schedule
Invest in the future – financing the next step
Included in tuition fees:
- All books and materials
- Accommodation and half-board during the international module
- Meals and refreshments on lecture days in Vallendar and Berlin
The tuition fee is payable as follows:
- 1.000€ with nomination of the student by the company
- 14.500€ after the start of studies on March 1
- 14.500€ on September 1
The tuition fee does not include airfare or travel expenses during the international modules, or accommodation in Vallendar or Berlin.
Expert faculty with a modern approach –
Teaching inquiring minds to make an impact.
Meet our outstanding faculty, providing academic support and a wealth of practical experience, who are actively engaged in research that allows us to incorporate the latest findings in the business world into our curriculum.
Take a look at the profiles of our expert faculty:
In their own words –
Testimonials from companies and students.
Still have questions? –
Get in touch with us today.
The CMiME team is happy to answer any questions you may have, whether you are an employee or company looking to nominate an employee for the program. Simply send an e-mail or complete the form and we will get back to you shortly.